Snow capped Mount Kenya, at 5199 m ( 17057 ft), is the highest mountain in Kenya and the second highest in Africa. While Batian, the highest peak, requires technical, skilled climbing ability, Lenana, 4985m, featured in our tour below, can be climbed by ‘scrambling’ and walking. However the climb even to Lenana is generally considered more challenging than sumiting Kilimanjaro. Our tour below uses what is considered the most scenic route – Chogoria.
– Climb Lenana peak of Mount Kenya, Africa’s second highest mountain.
– Trek up the Chogoria route, considered the most scenic of the commonly used routes.
– Benefit from the support of a team of guides and porters, to make your climb more enjoyable.
– The 5 day trek allows for acclimatization, crucial to your success in summiting the mountain.
– Wildlife sightings will be possible during your trek. The mountain is surrounded by a thickly forested national park.
– Tour departs daily, subject to availability, Starting and Ending in Nairobi, subject to availability.